Do you feel bad about your circumstances, whatever they may be? Of course your situation and troubles are not of your own making. You are not to blame, because you are a victim! That is the message the angel of light wants you to buy along with the ‘compassionate’ people around you. But what is Satan’s goal in selling this message? Truth be known, it is to cause division and strife between people…families, workers, communities, society, political parties, and churches. We need to be aware of this blatant attempt to steal, kill, and destroy relationships, governments, and nations. What does the Bible have to say about this attempt? “Now I urge you, brethren, note those who cause divisions and offenses, contrary to the doctrine which you learned, and avoid them. For those who are such do not serve our Lord Jesus Christ, but their own belly, and by smooth words and flattering speech deceive the hearts of the simple.” [Romans 16:17-18].
Once the liberal platform divides people into groups, next comes victimization and blame. The goal is to make victims of the groups of people. The definition of victim is one that is injured, harmed, or tricked under various conditions. The liberal platform blames other groups of people that they determine to be the privileged of society for the plight of those they have determined to be their victims. The grievances and blame is done with the intent to cause division and strife between people. The definition of grievance is a real or imagined wrong, a cause for complaint or unfair treatment. We see it in the news every day and we see how it can destroy governments, communities, families, and friendships. Here are just a few examples of identity politics, victimization and blame:
– Homosexuals are denied gay marriage by Christians
– The poor are given an unfair playing field by the wealthy
– Minorities are discriminated against by the majority…one of the reasons our Founding Fathers did not favor democracies
– The environment is being destroyed by large corporations
A big movement began in 2018 by liberals called “White Privilege”. It is basically societal privilege for being white. It is a way to blame an entire race of people because of any individual failure of a person of color. It means that if you are ‘white’, you are to blame, because others have made mistakes or failed. It is a way to remove personal responsibility of a person’s own decisions and actions in life. The Bible says, “Do not be deceived, God is not mocked; for whatever a man sows, that he will also reap. For he who sows to the flesh will of the flesh reap corruption, but he who sows to the Spirit will of the Spirit reap everlasting life.” [Galatians 6:7-8]. This Scripture means that actions have consequences. The things you do in life matter.
Pastor Thomas George relates a story of when he helped pastor a church in Pine Hills…also known as ‘crime hills’…Florida. It was an impoverished community within the city of Orlando where minorities were a majority. Drugs were an easy way to make money. Most of the young men were living contrary to the Word of God. They did not consider themselves ‘cool’ unless they had spent time in jail. Such was common place. One young man told Pastor George that he preferred living in jail to living in a house with his ‘family’, because in jail he had his own bed, had food, and electricity. He was living with his mother in a 3-bedroom house…note that I avoid the term ‘home’…with 12 ‘family’ members including his older brothers, his sister, and her children born out of wedlock. This 24 year old man had been arrested numerous times. One of his arrest was for jaywalking and the subsequent discovery of the drug “Molly” in his pocket. This young man became angry at the police. Pastor George explained to him that the police were trying to keep the community safe and did not want drugs in their neighborhoods. The young man just couldn’t understand…in his mind, the police were the problem. The last time Pastor George saw the young man he had violated probation and was on his way to nine months in jail. The truth, if there was any blame to be placed, was not on the white race but with the young man’s father for abandoning the family and on the young man himself for getting, stealing, and dealing drugs. Within a two mile diameter from this young man’s ‘house’ are numerous businesses offering hundreds of job opportunities. Despite all this opportunity, no one in the young man’s house worked or went to school. This young man’s entire ‘family’ was on government handouts. Of course it was none of their faults. They had fallen into the culture of victimization, blame, and failure. Unfortunately this young man represented many in his community. Let’s see what the Bible has to say about the events in his life…
– He had dropped out of school: “How much better to get wisdom than gold! And to get understanding is to be chosen rather than silver.” [Proverbs 16:16]. “Take firm hold of instruction, do not let go; Keep her, for she is your life.” [Proverbs 4:13].
– He committed robbery, was arrested and spent time in jail: “You shall not steal.” [Exodus 20:15].
– He was arrested for possession of drugs: “Be sober-minded; be watchful. Your adversary the devil prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour.” [1 Peter 5:8].
– He was arrested for selling drugs: If anyone causes any of these little ones…those who believe in me…to stumble, it would be better for them to have a large millstone hung around their neck, and to be drowned in the depths of the sea.” [Matthew 18:6].
– He fathered a child out of wedlock: “Flee sexual immorality. Every sin that a man does is outside the body, but he who commits sexual immorality sins against his own body.” [1 Corinthians 6:18].
– He was not working to support the mother and child: “But if anyone does not provide for his own, and especially for those of his household, he has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever.” [1 Timothy 5:8].
When you live contrary to the Word of God, you are living in accordance with Satan, which brings destruction. Pretty much everything the young man was doing in his life was not Biblical. He was reaping what he was sowing…unfortunately so was his child. The liberal platform would like to point the finger of blame at anybody and everybody except the young man.
This is hypocrisy on the level of the Pharisees. It is the liberal platform that says you should not blame an entire race for the actions of some, yet this is done almost daily. More on this next week when we look at what the Bible has to say about blaming others.
– Bob Munsey
“You will never reach your destination if you stop and throw stones at every dog that barks.” Winston Churchill